View of church from the Lorraine refugees school
This view has been taken from the Lorraine refugees school on the road to Peyrilhac, the school is on the extreme right of picture and the wooden fence that marks the limit of public access can be seen on the left. The Masset farm house area, which was the location of the SS field post on 10th June 1944, is down the road to the left, past the fence. As can be seen, Oradour was strongly built of stone, rather than brick and all the walls were of one thickness, no cavity being provided for damp insulation.
© Michael Williams: July 2009 ... revised November 2015