A view of the cemetery at Oradour looking north, all the 643 victims are interred here, either in individual graves or in common ossuries where it has not been possible to identify to whom the bones belonged. The cemetery is also used to bury the dead of the new village. The structures that look like greenhouses are in fact covers for family burial plots. The stele of the main memorial to 10th June 1944 can be seen to the rear right of centre. This photograph was taken on 1st November 2002 (All Saints Day), hence all the fresh flowers.
© Michael Williams: revised December 2004