Oradour Department 16 Charente
This view looking to the east shows the whole of Oradour in Department 16 (Charente). This place has a slightly odd appearance as it consists of just the two buildings of the church and the Town Hall (with the war memorial between the trees). The separate memorial to the Normands is about 400 metres further on, on the left of the road round the bend. There is no way that this Oradour could ever have been confused with Oradour-sur-Glane in 1944, or at any other time.
© Michael Williams November 2005